[Renaliste] élevation CDT

François Vrtovsnik francois.vrtovsnik at gmail.com
Jeu 7 Avr 10:49:41 CEST 2016

Cher Collègue,
Un lien CDT - et dialyse existe (cf ref plus bas, en HD)
Cordialement,

François Vrtovsnik
Service de Néphrologie
Hôpital Bichat, APHP

Clin Biochem. 2010 Sep;43(13-14):1148-51. False positive carbohydrate-deficient transferrin results in chronic hemodialysis patients related to the analytical methodology. Wolff F, Mesquita M, Corazza F, Demulder A, Willems D.

Chronic kidney disease stage V is associated with a metabolic acidosis, a disturbance also observed in heavy alcohol consumption. Carbohydrate-deficient transferrin is considered the most accurate biomarker for identifying chronic alcohol abuse. We tested whether increased CDT results occurred in patients on dialysis therapy. One hundred twenty-two samples from HD patients were analyzed by three different analytical methods and the results were compared with those obtained in 48 healthy volunteers. On the basis of the upper 97.5th percentile, positive CDT results were found in 25.4%, 9.8% and 12.3% of the HD patients with particle-enhanced immunonephelometry, capillary electrophoresis and HPLC, respectively. A significant correlation between CDT values and transferrin concentration was found for the particle-enhanced immunonephelometric test (r: -0.311; p: 0.0009). CONCLUSIONS: A high rate of positive CDT results was observed in HD patients with the particle-enhanced immunonephelometry and seems to be related to the low transferrin concentration.