[Renaliste] COVID 19

Vo Nguyen vdnguyen59 at gmail.com
Sam 21 Mar 23:05:08 CET 2020

Chers amis,

Sur le Téléjournal RTBF aujourd’hui, un expert Français a parlé de « Couvre
Masque » pour permettre de réutiliser les fameux FFP2 plusieurs. Connaissez
vous comment peut on fabriquer ces couvre masques à la maison ?

Je fais partie du groupe d’action de crise Covid de l’hopital St Pierre et
nous appliquons tout ce que je peux apprendre de mes confrères et consœurs
Européens.

Merci bien

Vo

Memorial Nephrology Associates

Olympia, Washington

PS: Voici le message du jour pour le groupe Covid de St Peter

Kevin,

See below

https://www.seattletimes.com/seattle-news/it-will-not-be-pretty-state-preparing-to-make-life-or-death-decisions-if-coronavirus-overwhelms-health-care-system/?utm_source=referral&utm_medium=mobile-app&utm_campaign=ios

We are not the only crazy ones after all. I would convene the Ethic panel
asap.

I am creating Posters based on WW 2 propaganda posters for all dialysis
facilities. Too many people, even Europeans, Italians, French, Belgians
have refused to comply to social distancing, quarantine orders. The
authority must impose fines of several hundred euros and threaten jail term.

If the nonchalant attitude of our own nursing staff tells me that SPH will
be a Petri disk for Covid.

Wartime posters may put the fear of God in staff. Simple and direct
messages serve best. Here are a few creations. Can SPH print these posters
in poster size and in color for our HD units

What did I learn from French and Belgian TV news today from Covid experts?

1.    Sudden onset of anosmia, with or without other typical symptoms of
Covid infection may  be an isolated early symptoms, more commonly seen
among younger patients. If isolated symptoms, this is benign. But, acute
anosmia dictates a need to test for Covid and quarantine.

2.    French doctors serving in Africa reported the use of “Couvre masque”
(Cover mask) over N95 to allow multiple uses of N95 instead of single use.
Couvre masque can be produced at home, unfortunately, “how to make it” was
not explained during the TV news. A quick online search in French language
has not yielded any info. I will post a

message on the Francophone Nephrology Forum, Renaliste for help. In the
meantime, I would recommend to contact SPH physicians and nurses who have
served medical missions in Haiti and Africa for ideas.

3.    Hotels converted in auxiliary can also serve to host Covid + patients
who recovers and can be discharged under close observation, with need of
oxygen etc. Do we have enough O2 concentrators to meet “outpatient” need?
My own wife is agitated to get one for my younger daughter, a medical
resident at the University of Kansas, admitted 2 weeks ago for pneumonia
which turned out to be para-influenza and was transiently still hypoxic on
mild exertion at home, luckily she has recovered and back on call at
hospital. I reassure my wife that she, herself will get one herself if
needed, please do not make me a liar.

Vo